Tuesday 18 January 2011

Why am I blogging?

I've decided to join the world of blogging because for the past 2 years now I have been suffering from chronic daily migraine. For those suffering from this and other complicated headaches it can often seem like you are suffering in isolation. That lying there in a darkened room removed from the world, waiting till the storm that is raging through your brain decides to pass, nobody understands how you suffer. I recently read a medical journal which interviewed 19 sufferers of chronic daily headache. Whilst reading it I found myself in tears, not only because I understood their pain or because I wasn't the only one but because the things I experienced and suffered were 'normal' within the realms of chronic daily migraine.
So scouring the internet I thought it might be a nice idea to record my experiences, in the hope they may help somebody else...